“ Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray.”
Cherupushpa Mission League (CML) is a lay organization for those children who wish to undertake missionary work of Jesus Christ. This pious association was started as a mark for the prayerful memory of St. Theresa (The Little Flower), under the guidance and blessings of Late Mar James Kaalassery, former Archbishop of Changanacherry Archdiocese in 1947. The founder of CML, Mr. P C Abraham Pallaattukunnel (Kunjettan), who hails from Bharananganam, Kerala was inspired by the words of Pope Leo XIII “The salvation of India is in her sons” and the teachings of St. Alphonsa. The above words encouraged Mr. Abraham to form an indigenous platform for missionary activity, thus leading to the birth of CML. CML’s aim at that period was to revive the mission activities that had lost momentum post the return of foreign missionaries.
The primary aims of CML are
- Fostering the mission spirit and assisting the missionaries by means of prayer, man and money
- Vocation Promotion
- Personality Development. Thus, children are encouraged to do charity work through acts of service, love, renunciation and endurance.
CML though a well established association with 70 years of legacy, is in its infancy in our parish. The association was officially inaugurated in our parish on 12-08-2018. Prayer is the powerhouse of every Christian. The self evaluation initiative given in the catechism diary helps us to inculcate a habit of personal prayer within the little missionaries of CML members.
A new team was formed to spearhead the various activities for next year.
- Rev. Fr. Roy Vattakunnel (Vicar & Parish Director)
- Mr. Benny K.J. (President)
- Mstr. Jobin K. Sebastian (Vice President)
- Mrs. Neena Rexine (Secretary)
- Ms. Ima B. Thayil (Joint Secretary)
- Mr. Jose Rajesh (Animator)
- Mr. Chrisvin Louis (Organiser)
- Ms. Ann Mary George (CML Forane Coordinator)
We look forward to revitalize the activities that has been set forth by previous year’s office bearers. At this juncture we seek God’s blessings and support of all parishioners so that our services be mutually beneficial to us and to our parish community. We thank our Vicar, Rev. Fr. Roy Vattakunnel for his relentless support.